Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Blog Post 11

Children love to learn

First Graders in Ms. Cassidy's Class
After viewing this video, I felt a huge emotion of excitement come over me about my journey to one day having my own classroom. Seeing and hearing children use and talk about technology made me realize the importance of myself as a future educator learning and engaging in what technology has to offer. I hope to always be on the search for finding ways to incorporate technology into my future classroom!

Skype interview with Ms. Cassidy
Ms. Cassidy's approach to teaching while using technology in the classroom was very interesting to view and learn about. I personally felt inspired throughout this entire Skype session. Ms. Cassidy has a very interesting background of ten years covering her adventure to using technology. Starting out with only five computers Ms. Cassidy explored the world of the internet using websites, blogs, and many more technological tools. Ms. Cassidy is always adding new things on her own with support from her technology friends. Throughout her years of teaching Ms. Cassidy has had many different principals, some of which were more supportive in her use of technology more so than others. Ms. Cassidy still engaged in seeking her interests in technology in her classroom no matter what others might feel of her teaching tools. In my classroom if using a blog I would use her technique of posting pictures of the students but never matching the picture to their name and only using their first names, never their last names. I feel like this bit of information shared was extremely important and should be used by all educators who incorporate blogs into their classrooms. A benefit by using Ms. Cassidy's approach I feel is that the children love technology and being able to use it. The kids will actually engage more in learning and want to explore new things!

Kids love to learn

2 comments:

  1. Hi Hunter!
    I enjoyed reading your post about Ms. Cassidy. I also feel excited to one day be in my own class and influence children as she does. She is such an inspiration and watching her videos helped me prepare for my final project. Thanks for sharing.
    Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I got really excited to have my own classroom after I watched this video, too. Well done!

    ReplyDelete